This popular cosmetic procedure is designed to give you the full, shapely breasts that nature didn’t.
What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is an aesthetic surgery that increases and restores your breasts’ shape and size using silicone implants, saline implants, or in some cases, fat transfer. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular aesthetic procedures.
Why get a breast augmentation procedure?
If you feel your breasts are too small, uneven, or not proportionate with the rest of your body, breast augmentation may be right for you.
Breast augmentation is a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- You believe your breasts are too small for your body.
- You feel self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting or low-cut tops.
- Clothes that fit your hips are too large at the bust line.
- Your breasts do not fill out your bra.
- Your breasts have become smaller or less firm after you’ve had children.
- Your breasts have become smaller due to weight loss.
- One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other.
- You have sagging breasts (in this case, you may benefit from both augmentation and a breast lift).
Below are some of the benefits of breast augmentation:
- Increase the size of your breasts
- Improve the shape of your breasts
- Since implants are highly customizable, you can pick the shape and size that’s best for you
- Have a more youthful-looking and more proportional figure
- Restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other
- Look better in clothes and swimwear
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What breast augmentation surgery can do
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve balance of breast and hip contours
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a breast augmentation procedure?
- You need to be in good general health.
- Implants do not last a lifetime and you may eventually need to replace them.
- Some patients wish to remove implants later for a variety of reasons, including pain, asymmetry, lifestyle changes, or other symptoms.
- Your surgeon may recommend a breast lift if breast implants alone are unlikely to achieve the results you desire.
- The recovery time is typically around one to two weeks.